Finance BI Analyst - Support Centre
£30 - £35k p/a dependent on experience plus benefits
Selco – More than just a job
Finance BI Analyst
The Finance BI Analyst is responsible for the integrity of data, managing the automation and publication of standard reports and developing new and insightful reports to enable the business to make commercial decisions.
This role utilises key BI skills in SQL and the Microsoft full BI stack (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS), as well as VBS and Power BI amongst others.
- Maintaining the integrity, production and distribution of existing reports key business users.
- Ensuring integrity of data and reporting via daily checks, reconciliations and ad hoc investigations
- Develop new and insightful business reports based on user requirements and using appropriate reporting tools : SSRS, VBS, PowerBI
- Proactively adapt to new reporting tools and trends to support business decision-making
- Maintain a pipeline of reporting requests to ensure that these are appropriately planned, prioritised and delivered.
- Maintaining data warehouses, a data cube and data extracts
- Responsible for database and report administration tasks : e.g.. updating for new stores and report users.
- Testing new reports and changes to the data warehouse.
- Provide support for Diver reporting : understanding how existing Diver reports are built and help with trouble-shooting issues
- Producing change documentation as appropriate and keeping existing documentation up to date.
Skills & Experience
- At least 1-2 years practical SQL experience.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of Microsoft BI stack , SSRS, SSIS
- Practical experience of working with high volumes of data to produce insightful results, ensuring accuracy throughout
- Ability to transform data into insightful reports which are user-friendly and well-designed.
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Power BI.
- Comfortable in explaining data results to key business users and managing stakeholder needs.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload to ensure all deliverables are met
- Proactive in seeking out new ways of working and utilising new tools and techniques
- Logical approach to trouble-shooting and enjoys finding solutions to support the business.
- Sound business awareness, especially around sales & margin
- Advanced Excel is beneficial. Knowledge of Navision and Diver are also advantageous
- SSAS development
- Knowledge of database design concepts
We’re getting bigger by the year, and with new branches exploding into action nationwide, a brand new online purchase & delivery service and a click & collect service Selco is a proven market leader. The opportunities for professional growth and development are immense and we actively support internal advancement through a fully developed and supported career path.
We offer a huge range of Company benefits including a competitive salary, profit-based bonus scheme, share save scheme, childcare vouchers, thousands of retail discounts and offers, a company pension scheme, Cycle to Work, free Life Assurance and free Health Cash Plan.