P/T Pensions Assistant (Grafton GB) - Support Centre
Competitive Salary plus benefits - 20 hours per week spread across 5 days
Grafton Group (UK) plc
Part Time Pensions Assistant
To provide support to the Grafton Group Pensions Team as required, particularly, for pension matters requiring clerical support and for organisation and progression of workflow.
- Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint etc to produce correspondence and documents and to maintain records, spreadsheets and databases
- Creating and maintaining filing systems so that Pension Team documentation is readily accessible, data protection requirements are fulfilled and that all scheme’s trust deed and rules are safely stored with certified and electronic copies filed. This will require the organising and storing of paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Processing of invoices from suppliers for timely approvals to be given.
- Sorting, scanning, saving and distributing incoming post as required and organising and sending outgoing post
- Maintain all pension trackers / logs in place for contacts, signature requests, member queries etc
- Update the Group Pensions Task Planner and coordinate and attend Pension Team meetings
- Provide support to obtain necessary Trustee / Company authorisations in writing or by email e.g. signatures for deeds and contracts, early retirement decisions, investment selections
- Provide support in scheduling some Trustee / Company meetings. Potential for some attendance and taking of minutes / action points at project-level meetings
- Prepare all meeting packs for Trustee / Company meetings
- Engage and liaise with wider areas of the business and external contacts for key pensions information and queries e.g. information on deaths and leavers, scheme structure information
- Other clerical matters as required e.g. some pension-led telephone and email enquiries, some word processing, photocopying and printing various documents
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite programmes.
- Pension awareness : ability to understand and deliver to compliance-led requirements across all key stakeholders
- Organised and responsible, methodical approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Able to plan and prioritise to ensure delivery of own objectives
- Developed IT skills
- Customer (outwardly) focussed
- Shorthand may be helpful
Operates on a weekly and daily basis delivering on specific targets
The role will be based at Wythall, Birmingham. Any travel would be limited and planned in advance.
Normal working hours will 20 per week: Hours will be office-based and spread equally across 5 days (typically 9am – 1pm)
The role is permanent.
Suitable for someone who…
Likes following detailed instructions/procedures and completing routine tasks. Appreciates the importance of deadlines and the need to achieve targets. Likes working with detail. Enjoys fact-finding and resolving queries. Is agile to think what to do when circumstances change and flexible enough to adapt their approach as appropriate. Is highly organised. Enjoys delivering on time, safely and to agreed standards. Acts positively in dealing with customers (external and internal). Spots opportunities for continuous improvement.
Know Your Stuff
- Be the best at what you do and understand your customer
Don’t walk past a Problem
- Make it a safe place to be. Ask for help if you need it. Take action to get things sorted
Find a Better way
- Think differently and share new ideas. Make smart choices.
- Listen with an open mind. Respect everyone. Keep your word
Team up and beat the competition
- Help others to be successful. Celebrate achievements. Work as one Grafton Team
Be our Customer Favourite
- Go the extra mile. Be attentive. Make them feel valued