Health & Safety Advisor - South London & South Coast
Competitive salary plus benefits
Selco – More than just a Job
Health and Safety Advisor
We’re on the lookout for people like us; people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do. Together we aim to ensure that they get top-notch service every time. In fact that’s our first core value: Customer first, followed closely by Entrepreneurial Spirit, Trust and Confidence, Responsibility, Ambition and Valuing Individuals. So if these values match yours, you’re a perfect fit for Selco.
NEBOSH General Certificate qualification or equivalent
Practical and pragmatic approach to HS&E risk management
Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
Ability to work on own initiative to resolve issues through practical solutions
Committed to applying corporate and departmental standards effectively and consistently
Be able to influence and sell.
Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload effectively, working to tight deadlines
Able to deliver training within a classroom setting with an average audience of 15 people.
Confidently present at meetings
Able to use of Microsoft Office to a good standard
Full driver’s license
Experience in retail, building materials, warehousing or, logistics industries
(Nice to have)
NEBOSH Diploma qualification or equivalent
Experience in behavioral auditing and behavioral change programmes
Experience of quality management systems and processes
- Ensure the safety and welfare all colleagues by providing the tight advice and support to Directors, Branch Managers and colleagues when necessary.
- Complete audits and report on branch safety, welfare, environmental and management performance and define appropriate improvement actions.
- Investigate accidents and incidents, working with operational management teams and others to identify causes and define appropriate actions to avoid recurrence.
- Monitor timely completion of improvement actions by Operational Management teams and others to identify causes and define appropriate actions to avoid recurrence.
- Act and assist on specific risk management issues.
- Contribute and support the HSE team to develop the management capability through the provision of support, coaching and training.
- Keep accurate records of the output of work activities.
- Deliver training and present at meetings
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned by the Health and Safety manager from time to time.
We’re getting bigger by the year, and with new branches exploding into action nationwide, a brand new online purchase & delivery service and a click & collect service Selco is a proven market leader. The opportunities for professional growth and development are immense and we actively support internal advancement through a fully developed and supported career path.
We offer a huge range of Company benefits including a competitive salary, fully expensed company car, profit-based bonus scheme, share save scheme, health cash plan, holiday buying, thousands of retail discounts and offers, a company pension scheme, Cycle to Work and free Life Assurance.