Purchase Ledger Payments Clerk - Support Centre
Competitive salary plus benefits
Selco – More than just a Job
Purchase Ledger Payments Clerk
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Payments Clerk to come and join our Purchase Ledger Team. To be considered you MUST have experience in Purchase Ledger or similar environment of accounts. Good Excel experience is highly desirable and experience reconciling, with great query resolution skills. We are looking for an individual that can join the team and hit the ground running and has the below attributes
- Friendly and approachable
- Team player
- Able to organise own work load
- Flexible and adaptable to the business needs
- Willing to help others
- Eye for detail
- Forward thinking attitude
It is essential for candidates to demonstrate, that you are comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume environment with current purchase ledger experience and able to meet the below requirements
- Considerable experience of working in accounts or in a similar environment.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of dealing with large amounts of paperwork in a fast-moving environment
- very good query resolution skills
- Accountancy qualifications to Accounting Technician level or proven relevant experience
As with all Head Office roles, of primary importance is the support of the branch network. Specifically, this role is to carry out general financial accounting and administrative duties in relation to accounts payable and purchases, to help the company achieve its financial and business objectives.
The role requires you to show initiative, be organised, have strong communication skills, be proactive and committed to meeting deadlines. The role holder will need to have good IT skills ideally to include experience of using purchase/general ledger packages It is essential for candidates to demonstrate a confident telephone manner and good communication skills. They will need to be organised and tidy, and work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain the process for payment of accounts to ensure that the company meets its obligations as they fall due complies with its payment policy and strives to secure discounts where applicable.
- To aim to ensure that the supply of goods to the company is not disrupted by disputes with suppliers over payments and, where this does not prove possible, to take all such actions as are practical to minimise that disruption.
- To ensure supplier statements are reconciled monthly, and to ensure follow up work is carried out on all previous months reconciling items.
- Raise correct company payments on a monthly or weekly basis in line with agreed supplier terms
- Raise payments for one off suppliers on the 9999-sundry account ensuring the receipt of all relevant documentation with the appropriate Managers authorisation.
- Assist with importing of EDI invoices onto Navision Purchase Ledger computer accounts.
- To have hands on approach to implementation of a new accounting system
- To assist the Purchase Ledger Supervisor/Manager with other head office support duties as and when required
- To undertake any other duties, activities, projects outside their job role that may be assigned to you from time to time to support the needs of the business.
- Working alongside Purchase Ledger Payments Co-ordinator and reporting to Purchase Ledger Supervisors (Stock)
- Team working. Committed to working as part of the Purchase Ledger team and across other areas of Finance.
- Encouraging a friendly working environment, contributing ideas but happy to work under instruction when required.
- Flexibility. Willing and able to take on new tasks or change plans to enable the team to deliver on commitments or requests
We’re getting bigger by the year, and with new branches exploding into action nationwide, a brand-new online purchase & delivery service and a click & collect service Selco is a proven market leader. The opportunities for professional growth and development are immense and we actively support internal advancement through a fully developed and supported career path.
We offer a huge range of Company benefits including a competitive salary, profit-based bonus scheme, share save scheme, holiday buying, thousands of retail discounts and offers, a company pension scheme, Cycle to Work, free Life Assurance, free Health Cash Plan and a free GP Helpline.