|Salary:||Competitive Salary plus benefits|
|Published:||about 1 year ago|
Fancy developing your career with the UK’s fastest growing builders’ merchant? We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals with a ‘can do’ attitude to help us support our ever growing branch network who serve the nation’s tradespeople.We won’t pretend it’s not hard work, however you’ll be working with some great people and in return we offer a first-class rewards package.
We’re growing year-on-year with no signs of slowing down. With new branches opening their doors nationwide, this is your chance to be a part of our exciting journey and build your career with Selco.We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and welcoming to all. Our aim is for Selco colleagues to be a true representation of all sections of society. We are committed to the Health and Safety of our Colleagues being our top priority.
As with all Head Office roles, of primary importance is the support of the branch network. Specifically, this role is to carry out general financial accounting and administrative duties in relation to accounts payable and purchases, to help the company achieve its financial and business objectives. The role requires you to show initiative, be organised, have strong communication skills, be proactive and committed to meeting deadlines. The role holder will need to have good IT skills ideally to include experience of using purchase/general ledger packages It is essential for candidates to demonstrate a confident telephone manner and good communication skills. They will need to be organised and tidy, and work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain the process for payment of accounts to ensure that the company meets its obligations as they fall due complies with its payment policy and strives to secure discounts where applicable.
- To ensure invoices and credits are processed and to ensure follow up work is carried out on getting to payable status
- To have hands on approach to assist with the processing of various utilities, facilities, Transport, and general invoices, with ensuring correct authorisation is obtained.
- To aim to ensure that the supply of goods to the company is not disrupted by disputes with suppliers over payments and, where this does not prove possible, to take all such actions as are practical to minimise that disruption.
- Raise correct company payments on a monthly or weekly basis in line with agreed supplier terms
- Raise payments for one off suppliers on the sundry account ensuring the receipt of all relevant documentation with the appropriate Managers authorisation.
- Team working. Committed to working as part of the Purchase Ledger team and across other areas of Finance
- To assist the Purchase Ledger Manager with other head office support duties as and when required.
- To undertake any other duties, activities, projects outside their job role that may be assigned to you from time to time to support the needs of the business.
- Encouraging a friendly working environment, contributing ideas but happy to work under instruction when required.
- Flexibility. Willing and able to take on new tasks or change plans to enable the team to deliver on commitments or requests
- Good communications skills with External and Internal third parties.
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to come and join our Purchase Ledger Team. To be considered you MUST have experience in Purchase Ledger or similar environment of accounts. Good Excel experience is highly desirable and experience reconciling, with great query resolution skills. We are looking for an individual that can join the team and hit the ground running and has the below attributes
- Friendly and approachable
- Team player
- Able to organise own work load
- Flexible and adaptable to the business needs
- Willing to help others
- Eye for detail
- Forward thinking attitude
It is essential for candidates to demonstrate, that you are comfortable working in a fast paced, volume environment with current purchase ledger experience and able to meet the below requirements
- Considerable experience of working in accounts or in a similar environment.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of dealing with varied amounts of paperwork in a fast-moving environmentvery good query resolution skills
- Accountancy qualifications to Accounting Technician level or proven relevant experience
What can I expect in return?
At Selco, the opportunities for professional growth and development are immense. We actively support internal advancement through a fully developed and supported career path, with plenty of training opportunities along the way.We also offer a huge range of company benefits, including a competitive salary, profit-based bonus scheme, free health cash plan, share save scheme, holiday buying, thousands of retail discounts and offers, a company pension scheme, Cycle to Work and free Life Assurance.
- Trade Sales Assistant - Leicester
Job location: Leicester Job salary: Starting rate £22,425 pro rata (£11.50 p/h)
The Job Working as part of a team providing ex...
- Department Manager (Trade Sales) - Sutton
Job location: Sutton Job salary: Starting rate £29,932.50 pro rata (£15.35 p/h)
The Job Motivating and inspiring a team of col...
- Trade Sales Assistant - York
Job location: York Job salary: Starting rate £22,425 pro rata (£11.50 p/h)
The Job Working as part of a team providing ex...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs